Start the pentest process. Sign in to the Cobalt app.
Use this document to visualize your journey through Cobalt to secure your systems.
You want to enhance the security of your software. You’re ready to set up penetration tests (pentests) to elevate your security posture. With pentest-driven solutions, you can comply with regulations and enhance the confidence of your customers. You want results as soon as possible.
You’ve come to the right place.
If you’re considering Cobalt, use this document to help you visualize the process. If you’ve already purchased Cobalt credits, use this document to start your journey.
While it’s helpful if you have a background in security, it’s not required to understand the pentest process. If the language of software security confuses you, refer to our Glossary.
In this Getting Started Guide, we take you through the process to create a pentest, step by step, and set expectations.
When you’ve finished this Getting Started Guide, you’ll have a plan and scope that our pentesters can use to test your assets. When you purchase credits from Cobalt, we send you an email invitation, which you can use to Sign in to Cobalt.
Our journey takes you through the steps required to create a pentest.
- Define your assets. Our pentesters analyze all kinds of assets, from web apps to internal networks.
- Select the pentest type. We offer Agile and Comprehensive Pentests.
- Review your asset.
- Set requirements for your pentest.
- By default, our pentesters use standards defined by the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and in the Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual.
- Add and modify the objectives of your choice.
- To help our penetration testers, include more information about your asset, such as architecture and coding language. You’ll see more details about what to include when you define your assets.
- Define details of your environment. Is your asset in production or in development? Is part of your system on a Cloud platform?
- Plan and scope the test. Define your desired pentest start date, and specify the pentest scope. We need time to find the best available pentesters for your assets.
- Review your pentest request to make sure you’ve included all information that our pentesters need.
Once you’ve set up a pentest, we start analyzing your asset. When possible, we share results even before we create your report. Here’s what you can expect.
Assuming you’ve received an email invitation, take the next step. Sign in to Cobalt.
Get in Touch
If you need help, contact us in one of the following ways:
- If you have a named Customer Success Manager, get in touch with them.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Submit a ticket on the support portal.
Security professionals perform pentests on your assets. Collect the info they need.
Start setting up your pentest.
Verify asset details.
Set requirements for the pentest.
Describe key details of your pentest.
Set up a schedule. Scope the pentest.
Review your pentest request.
What happens after you’ve set up your pentest.
Learn more about the language of software security.
Last modified January.01.2023