Your Pentest Checklist
Make sure our pentesters have the information they need.
In previous sections, you’ve saved what you’ve entered for the pentest. Now you can review your work. Before selecting Submit For Review, follow this checklist for Objectives and Details.
For both tabs, you can select Edit to make changes.
Under the Objectives tab, you can review:
- Targets in scope
- Objectives, which define methodologies that our pentesters use as a checklist
- Test credentials
- Asset for which you’re setting up the pentest
- Technology stack behind your asset
- Test period, scoping parameters, and required credits
To view more pentest details, navigate to the Settings tab > Objectives.
You can specify special requirements for pentesters. For example, if industry, company, or national regulations require that you limit pentesters to residents of one or more countries, you can request this.
- On the pentest page, navigate to Settings, and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Select Show advanced options, and add your notes under Additional requests.
We can’t guarantee that we’ll accept your additional request. This may also delay scheduling the pentest.
Under the Details tab, you can review:
- The target environment for your asset
- Rate-limiting controls
- Cloud platform components
- Additional guidelines
- Test data sensitivity
You can download a pentest report to view security issues that our pentesters found.
If your organization manages pentests for third parties, you can add your company logo to all reports. In co-branded reports, your company logo appears next to the Cobalt logo.
An Organization Owner of a partner company can enable co-branded reports.
- To turn on the co-branding functionality, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name
- Your organization name
- List of client organizations you manage
- Reason: Enable partner co-branding functionality
- Once we've processed your request, you get access to specific functionality as a Cobalt Partner, which you can verify on the People tab next to your name.
- To enable co-branded reports for an organization you manage:
- Select the organization in the upper-left corner.
- Navigate to the Settings tab, and scroll down to the Report Branding section.
- Upload the logo image, and select Apply.
- To verify that co-branding is enabled:
- Go to the Pentests tab, and select a pentest in the Remediation or Closed state.
- On the Report tab, download a report, and verify that it has your company logo.
As a Cobalt Partner, you can edit your company logo or turn off co-branded reports for a client organization on the Settings tab under Report Branding.
When You’re Ready
If you’re ready with your pentest, select Submit for Review.
Once you do so, learn what to expect after you create a pentest.