Refer to this page if you lose access to your authenticator app or forget your password. If you have problems signing in through SAML SSO, contact your administrator for help.
Lost Access to Your Authenticator
Follow these steps:
Sign in to Cobalt from the Sign In page in one of the following ways:
- With your username and password
- By selecting Sign in with Google
On the page prompting you to enter a one-time code, select Start account recovery process.
Once you get an email with a one-time verification code, enter the code, and select Verify.
Your Organization Owner gets notified and turns off 2FA for your account.
- If you are the only Organization Owner, we’ll turn off 2FA for you.
You get an email notification confirming that your 2FA settings were updated.
You can now sign in without a second authentication factor.
- If your organization enforces 2FA, enable it upon signing in.
Once you’ve set up a new authenticator, you can turn on 2FA again.
Turn Off 2FA for a User
As an Organization Owner, you can turn off two-factor authentication for a user following their request.
Once you get an email notification requesting you to turn off 2FA, select Recover Account in the email.
On the People page of your dashboard, locate the user who submitted the request.
Select the three-dot icon on the right, and then select Turn Off 2FA.
- We verified the user’s identity with a one-time verification code. However, we recommend that you verify their identity again before turning off 2FA.
Select Confirm in the overlay that appears.
Forgot Your Password
To reset your password:
On the Sign In page, select Forgot password?.
Enter your email address, and select Reset Password.
Follow the instructions in the email you receive.