What happens after you’ve set up your pentest.
Our pentesters share what they’ve found before they submit your report.
Now that you’ve done all the work needed to set up a pentest, you might be anxious for results. Here’s what you can expect:
- Once you’ve finished setting up a pentest, select Pentests in the left-hand pane. You should see your pentest listed, with an In Review label.
- We’ll select the best available pentesters before the start of the pentest. The time we need depends on your PtaaS tier and any additional requests you have.
- Once our pentesters start the pentest, they’ll update you on their progress. You can collaborate on the pentest using the following communication channels:
- Beta Messaging in the Cobalt app. Select Messages on the pentest page. In the sidebar that opens, you can read updates from pentesters and communicate in the chat.
- A Slack channel dedicated for your pentest.
- Pentester Updates sidebar in the Cobalt app.
- You may get questions from your pentesters. You can also elaborate on your requirements for the pentest.
- As our pentesters analyze your asset, they’ll add updates frequently. If they discover vulnerabilities ("findings"), you can start remediating them before the pentest is complete.
- Once the pentest is complete, we move it from Live to Remediation.
- Review and analyze each finding. You can:
- Fix the finding and submit it for retest
- Mark the finding as Accepted Risk
- When your pentest is in Remediation or Closed, you can download pentest reports.
- If you’ve purchased a qualifying PtaaS tier, you can customize your pentest report.
- We move your pentest to Closed once you’ve resolved all findings, which includes the following states:
- Accepted Risk
TipTo learn more about each pentest state, visit Pentest States.
Was this page helpful?Yes No Create an Issue
Last modified May.05.2023